First, thank you again for your membership in OUR union! We continue to effectively advocate for our shared concerns with administration and I feel as though we are making significant gains in working with administration and building power to achieve what we, as a union, want to see in our workplace. While it is always an uphill battle, we cannot do this without the support of each and every one of you. Thank you.
Think of the major works that we have accomplished even in the past two months:
- Securing a private meeting with HLC reviewers to present an honest view of College procedures, policy, and morale.
- Advocating for the immediate closure of campus facilities, flexible work options, and the safety of our student, community, and colleagues in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Even though we are in a state of emergency, WERC has ruled that our certification elections must continue as scheduled. There is never a better time for solidarity than right now— let’s show WERC and Gateway that we are stronger than ever by turning out our highest percentage of voters yet! We’ve got This!
Below, you will find the details of how to vote. Remember to vote YES; it literally takes less than a minute if you’re voting online. Please vote ASAP and reply to this email, letting me know you have voted YES. This helps us successfully focus our efforts on turning out yet another STRONG showing that lets administration know that we have a unified voice!
Please click here to go directly to the website and cast your vote! Alternatively, you may vote by phone by calling (866) 458-9862 (toll-free). You may vote 24/7.
* Do not log off or hang-up until after your vote is confirmed.
* Unlike any other election, if you abstain from voting, you will be counted as a “No” vote.
* Your vote remains confidential: Neither Gateway Technical College nor GTEA are told specifically whether you voted to recertify.
* Recertification maintains a legal relationship between GTC and the faculty through our organization, GTEA.
* Recertification guarantees us the right to bargain for a base wage increase up to CPI— which is 1.81% this year. It also protects your base wages from decreasing annually.
* Recertification maintains employees’ rights to have a collective, protected voice with our employer.
* Voting begins today, 1 April at noon, and ends on 21 April at noon. Please do not delay.
If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please contact Jay Johnson, GTEA President, or your Campus Representatives.
Again, here is the link to cast your vote online: http://aaaelections.org/WERC
Solidarity— now more than ever!